Rights and Responsibilities
Patient’s rights and responsibilities
- You have the right to receive accurate and easily understood information about your health care, health care professionals and health care facilities. If you have a physical or mental disability, or just don’t understand something, assistance will be provided so you can make informed health care decisions.
- You have the right to care providers that is sufficient to provide you with access to appropriate high-quality health care.
- You have the right to know all your treatment options and to participate in decisions about your care. Parents, guardians, family members, or other individuals that you designate can represent you if you cannot make your own decisions.
- You have the right to considerate, respectful and non-discriminatory care from your doctor’s and other health care providers.
And in return we expect you to:
- Be thoughtful of other patients and all staff.
- Be considerate and respectful and show reasonable courtesy to those who are helping you.
- Cancel appointments in good time if unable to attend.
- Share your concerns and provide suggestions that will help provide quality care.